What Should I Do After an Injury?
From the beginning, there are four things we advise all personal wound victims to do.
Don’t Sign Anything
Insurers may send out a confirmation and a push-down storage of handout forms. Don ’ t take the money and preceptor ’ metric ton gestural the papers. If you do, it means you won ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate be able to seek the wax value of your claim late on.
many wound victims apologize or talk down their injury. Don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate do it. These words will be used against you. Say you need to find out how dangerous your injury is before you give a statement.
Get the Care You Need
We help you get money for all the care you ’ ll indigence, including advance procedures, physical therapy, and reclamation.
Seek Legal Counsel
At the Simmrin Law Group, we offer release, no-obligation consultations to injury victims. If you do choose to hire us, we won ’ thyroxine charge you a penny unless we are able to secure you compensation. For a exempt legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Los Angeles, call ( 310 ) 928-9347
You Need a Lawyer With Years of Personal Injury Experience Backing Your Case
We have built our jurisprudence firm around a hand-pick group of exceed Los Angeles personal injury lawyers. The result is a formidable force both in the court and at the dicker table. Let us put this military unit on your side. When you talk to us, we listen, learning the details of your injury and your history and working to build you a font. We launch a full investigation and put together the hard facts that the indemnity ship’s company can not deny and which carry the day in court. We work with all types of personal injury cases in Los Angeles, including :
- car accidents
- Truck, motorbike, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents
- Slips and falls
- Dog bites
- checkup malpractice
- Nursing home fail
- Prescription drug/medical device cases
- product recalls
- course action lawsuits
Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me ( 310 ) 928-9347
The Cost of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer in Los Angeles
unfortunately, many accident victims are under the misconception that they can not afford an lawyer. This belief could not be further from the truth. personal injury attorneys in Los Angeles typically work on a contingency fee basis. That means that they only collect payment from their clients if they are able to secure a payout. When your lawyer does win you money, the amount they receive as their fee will be a pre-agreed-upon percentage of your compensation box. This payment plan puts you and your lawyer in a like position when it comes to winning your case. You will both receive more money for every extra dollar they can secure. Click to contact our Personal Injury Areas We Serve today
6 Reasons to Talk With a Personal Injury Attorney in Los Angeles
If you ’ re however diffident about speaking with a personal wound lawyer in L.A. after your accident, consider what you stand to lose if you don ’ t. then, consider what you stand to win if you do. These six reasons to work with a lawyer might help your decision :
- We beat insurance companies. We know the strategies they use and how to force them to negotiate .
- Experience. We ’ ve chosen each of our personal injury associates based on their cognition, experience, and achiever commemorate .
- History of success. Our results for our clients have made us one of the most respect personal wound firms in Los Angeles .
- We side with the people. We never back the policy company or the employer – we serve the hurt .
- Always here for you. We believe you have a proper to know the latest developments in your case. We listen to you & keep you informed. We are a crown personal injury law firm near you .
- Risk-free guarantee. We don ’ thyroxine believe in billing accident/injury victims. You pay nothing unless we recover money for you .
Complete a free Case Evaluation form now
How the Claims Process Works
An wound is nerve-racking enough, and it can derail your animation. You should not have to fight tooth and nail to get your title paid out excessively. We give you the peace of heed that you will get the best result possible. here ’ sulfur what we do at each tone of the personal injury title process :
- Free consultation: We can meet you in your home, at influence, in the hospital, or wherever is commodious, or conduct your consultation over the phone. This consultation is your gamble to get your questions answered and learn how solid your title is .
- Medical care: If you haven ’ thymine already, we will make certain you ’ re getting the medical care you deserve. We want you to see specialists who have experience with your type of injury, evening if you can not pay. Their professional opinion will help you know what to expect for your recovery and help us prove the full moon cost of your injury to the insurance company .
- Our own investigation: indemnity companies expect you to take the findings of their investigators on subterfuge trust. We don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate play that game. We send our own independent probe team to find out what happened and confront the policy company with the facts .
- Your total compensation figure: We look beyond hospital bills and missed work time to assess all the shroud costs you ’ ve faced or will face in the future. We get you the most potential for trouble, suffer, emotional injury, and early intangible costs. The total number can reach in the millions .
- Bargaining table: Insurers hope you ’ ll settle without ever hiring a lawyer. Once we ’ re on your side, they know they can not trick you or talk you down. We know how to present the toughest case possible at the bargaining table .
- Your settlement: The offer we get you will typically reflect the full costs you face and can help you weather the changes in your life. We go for the highest numeral potential and get you everything you need. Most settlements are won without going to court .
many wound claims never go to trial. You may win your shell without ever setting foot in a court.
You Have a Limited Amount of Time to File a Lawsuit
When you have been injured, the come of time you have to recover recompense is limited. The general codified of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in California is two years. You don ’ t have to complete your lawsuit within this fourth dimension, but you must file it with the courts before the two years is up. differently, you could lose all your rights to recompense. however, you should not precisely blindly assume that you have two years to get your lawsuit filed and delay doing so. Mitigating circumstances can result in a hard decrease in the amount of time you have to file. You should protect yourself by getting started equally cursorily as possible. The best thing you can do for your subject is to hire a personal injury lawyer equally soon as possible. An have lawyer will quickly be able to determine if there is anything that would shrink your window for file and ensure that all deadlines get met. Your lawyer will besides benefit from an early starting signal as they will be able to gather evidence more efficaciously and have more tools to use when building your case.
9 Most Common Questions About Personal Injury Claims
Get answers you can trust from the top Los Angeles personal injury lawyers. How Do I Know if I Have a Legitimate Claim ? What Should I Do After an injury ? What Costs Are Covered by Personal Injury Claims ? How much Is My Claim Worth ? I ’ thousand Being Blamed for My Injury or Accident. What Should I Do ? My Loved One Was Killed in an accident. What Can I Do ? Can I very Recover Money for “ Pain and Suffering ? ” Can I File a claim for Emotional Distress ? If the Insurance Company Already Offered Me Money, Why Do I Need a Lawyer ?
How Do I Know If I Have a Legitimate Claim?
It ’ south hard to be certain if you don ’ thyroxine sit down and discuss it with a lawyer. This miss of certainty is what causes many people to hesitate, to undervalue their injury and its costs, and ultimately to miss the entire money they should have gotten from their claim.
It ’ s besides why we offer a barren consultation. It ’ s a casual for us to help you understand your claim and how strong it is from a legal perspective. As a general rule, however, we can say this : if person else ’ south negligence contributed to your injury or if person else could have prevented it and didn ’ t, you have a valid claim.
What Should I Do After an Injury?
You need to protect yourself and your rights. Insurers will jump into carry through, trying to close out your title and pay you ampere small as possible. interim, early parties involved in the injury or accident will scramble to protect themselves and blame you. From the beginning, there are four things we advise all personal injury victims :
- Report what happened, whether it means calling the patrol at a car accident or telling the director in a store where you tripped and fell
- See a doctor immediately, even if you ’ rhenium not sure your injuries are serious
- Don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate sign anything from the indemnity company, accept their money, or give them any recorded instruction
- schedule a consultation with a personal wound lawyer
once you have a professional impression, you will be in a much better position to decide how to move forth.
What Costs Are Covered By Personal Injury Claims?
In general, all costs related to the wound are covered. These are known as “ damages, ” and they include :
- aesculapian expenses, including medication, doctor/hospital visits, tests, X-rays, surgical procedures, and other discussion
- The predict future monetary value of treating your injury, if you are not amply recovered however
- Any property damage involved ( such as your car in a car accident )
- Lost wages, which can include a few days of miss oeuvre or being laid up long terminus
- compensation for long-run effects such as a disability, cognitive stultification, restricted mobility, etc .
- Any other costs directly caused by the injury
How Much Is My Claim Worth?
It ’ s impossible to give a dollar estimate without looking at your individual claim. however, many injury claims end up paying far more than the node originally expected. It ’ s not uncommon to see a title valued in the six-figure range, and many claims even extend into the millions.
I’m Being Blamed for My Injury or Accident. What Should I Do?
This is deplorably very coarse. The person creditworthy will try to get out of being held apt, and their first tactic is to try to blame you—the person who was hurt. We see this from :
- negligent and careless drivers
- commercial enterprise owners
- dog owners
- Doctors, hospitals, and nurse homes
- The insurance companies themselves
How you respond to these claims makes a deviation. Do your best to stay calm and not blame yourself. Do not second-guess what happened, and don ’ thymine apologize or accept partial responsibility. When you have a lawyer, they can serve as your mediator with the other party so that you don ’ t have to confront these allegations immediately.
My Loved One Was Killed in an Accident. What Can I Do?
This is the hardest kind of accident. nothing can ever make up for the loss of a sleep together one, and having to fight the insurance company only makes a difficult fourth dimension worse. We are sincerely blue for your personnel casualty. The law gives you the right to recover money on behalf of your family member in a wrongful death claim. This includes all the costs discussed above, such as their checkup bills before passing. It besides includes funeral costs and final expenses. One of the purposes of a personal wound colony is to help keep you and your family financially stable after your loss. Your settlement can besides include money to offset their suffer income or wages. This is frequently a very large amount, and you have a good to it. We will do everything possible to handle the details of your case for you and to get you every penny you deserve. We do not want you to have to worry about your fiscal future while besides coping with a loss.
Can I Really Recover Money for “Pain and Suffering?”
Yes. Pain and suffer is a general term for the non-financial costs of an injury. It can refer to physical pain or other types of grave losses, like the suffering involved in losing a loved one. You have a legal good to recover money for your annoyance and suffer. This money can not “ pay it off ” or undo the pain you have experienced. It can, however, help you rebuild your life in the consequence of a serious accident. The challenge thing about annoyance and suffer is that there ’ s no accurate way to measure it. The monetary value of a surgery can be seen by just looking at the bill, but the price of six months of being unable to walk is hard to add up. This means the policy companies will try to argue it down. We help you prove your trouble and digest by :
- Showing the specific veto effects the annoyance or pain had on your life
- Getting your annoyance and miserable documented by checkup professionals
- Drawing on our cognition of past alike cases to estimate an appropriate come
- Knowing how to talk to insurance adjusters, judges, and juries
The amount of pain and suffering compensation you get is based on a “ multiplier. ” We take the entire sum of your fiscal costs and multiply it by a number to represent your pain and digest. The multiplier used will vary from sheath to case. however, pain and suffering money is often the largest part of your colonization.
Can I File a Claim for Emotional Distress?
Yes. emotional trauma, distress, or anxiety all fall under a legal term known as “ mental anguish, ” and it ’ s region of annoyance and suffer. This refers to the identical substantial but frequently intangible effects that an injury can have on your happiness, personality, and sense of security. You can recover money for mental pain in your personal wound title, but there are a few things you should know :
- Insurance adjusters are often skeptical: They will accuse you of claiming mental anguish only to get more money. But this international relations and security network ’ triiodothyronine true. You can demonstrate that you actually do suffer from mental anguish. If the injury caused or contributed to it, the claim is valid .
- You will need to get personal: We may ask you to give statements describing what you ’ rhenium experiencing in your own words. You will need to convey what it ’ s like when you feel depressive disorder come on, or when you have an anxiety assail, or when you wake up in the middle of the night unable to sleep. Your personal narrative helps paint a much stronger visualize .
- Diagnosis helps: Your case is easier to prove when you have a formal public opinion from a therapist. We can help you see an adept who will understand your condition .
Some of the conditions that may count as mental anguish include :
- natural depression
- Anger or frustration
- Changes in climate or personality
- Loss of person cheeseparing to you
If the Insurance Company Already Offered Me Money, Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
Be careful. indemnity companies are run for profit, and they will always try to pay out angstrom little as possible. They ’ ve learned that the best way to save money is not to refuse to pay, which will get challenged but to offer a small measure and see if the person takes it. When you ’ ve just been injured, their first extend might seem boastful, even generous. You might think it ’ s more than you need. however, as the months wear on, you may not recover american samoa quickly as you expected, you may have complications, or you may even need new treatment. The “ big payout ” can disappear fast. many people end up deep in medical debt after accepting an insurance payout. This is about constantly because they took the first come, signed the papers, and lone found out former the genuine extent of their injuries.
It doesn ’ metric ton cost you anything to consult with a lawyer. If the lawyer says you don ’ t have a call or that the indemnity money is reasonable, take it. But in many cases, that one light call call will end up saving you tens of thousands of dollars and many years of grief.
Talk to a Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
It ’ s impossible to undo your injury, but there ’ south even time to protect your future. The Simmrin Law Group puts clear Los Angeles personal injury lawyers on your side and offers potential clients a free consultation. Fill out our on-line contact form or call us and get your free consultation today. call or textbook ( 310 ) 928-9347 or complete a loose Case Evaluation form