How Our Attorneys Can Help with Your Case
Our team of 14 attorneys and have defend staff are prepared to put all of our resources to work on your case. We ’ ll behavior a thorough probe of your call, gather the necessity testify, and need maximum compensation for your injuries. While many claims are settled out of court, our firm prepares every case as if it will go to trial. If the policy company offers you a lowball settlement or denies your call outright, we won ’ triiodothyronine back down. We ’ ll take your character to court to go after what you deserve. policy companies know that we will take on large corporations and big insurance companies, and take cases to trial where necessary. The initial consultations is wholly free of charge, and there is no tip until we win your case .
Compensation for a Personal Injury
All accident victims wish their accident never happened, but after the fact, they need a law firm that knows how to get results. If you ’ re ache in an accident caused by person else ’ sulfur negligence, you could be owed recompense for :
- Present and future medical bills
- Lost wages (including future wages if you become disabled)
- Money to repair or replace your vehicle, personal property, or other lost items
- Pain, suffering, and other non-economic damages
early types of compensation could be available if the accident resulted in catastrophic injuries or death .
Statute of Limitations on Injury Claims in Missouri and Kansas
If you ’ ve been hurt in an accident that was person else ’ mho defect, it is all-important to contact an lawyer vitamin a soon as possible to avoid an issue with the legislative act of limitations expiring. many injury cases are complicated and require extensive investigation. failure to file a claim within the legislative act of limitations means you will be ineffective to pursue compensation in about all cases.
The statutes of limitation for Missouri and Kansas are by and large as follows, although there may be exceptions depending on the specific subject. Statutes of limit generally run from the date of injury or the date in which the hurt party becomes mindful of their loss :
- Missouri negligence action (including motor vehicle accidents and slip and fall cases) -Five years
- Kansas negligence action – Two years
- Missouri wrongful death – Three years
- Kansas wrongful death – Two years
- Missouri medical malpractice – Two years
- Kansas medical malpractice – Two years
If you are diffident as to whether or not you have time to file a claim, consult with one of our Kansas City experienced personal injury attorneys nowadays. There are some narrow exceptions that could extend the clock for filing a claim .
What to Do If You Have Been Harmed Due to Negligence
It is wise to take the play along precautions if you were hurt in an accident caused by person else ’ randomness careless or foolhardy actions :
- NEVER leave the scene of any injury accident. This may not only discredit your claim but may also have criminal implications, specifically in the case of car accidents.
- NEVER give false statements to anyone in law enforcement. Honesty goes far with investigators, courts, and juries.
- ALWAYS seek medical attention. Even if you’re feeling fine and you believe your injuries are minor, you may have a serious injury that has not yet become apparent.
- ALWAYS take photographs if possible. The more evidence you collect, the stronger your case can be. If you are unable to take pictures yourself, ask someone to do it for you.
- NEVER engage in a physical altercation, even if you’re upset after an accident. The worst thing you can do is show anger.
- NEVER remove anything from the accident scene, even if it is something you believe is insignificant.
- ALWAYS contact an attorney to discuss your case. Edelman & Thompson is a trusted personal injury firm that offers free consultations and claim reviews.
Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Firm Handles
Edelman & Thompson handles virtually every kind of personal wound claim, focusing on cases where the negligence of another party has caused damages in the shape of aesculapian expenses, lost wages, and trouble and suffer. Edelman & Thompson besides handles workers ’ compensation cases. In those cases, negligence is not an exit. vitamin a farseeing as the injury occurs within the class and setting of one ’ second use, they are automatically entitled to all of the benefits provided by workers ’ compensation system flush in the absence of another party ’ sulfur negligence. Our team of experienced injury attorneys has across-the-board know helping clients with :
- Workplace Injuries – Employees head into work each day expecting to perform their duties without incident or injury. Workers who are hurt on the job are often aware that they can claim benefits from their employer’s worker’s compensation policies. What many don’t realize is if they are hurt due to the recklessness or carelessness of a third party – such as a contractor, property owner, or another driver, for example – they could be owed additional compensation through what is referred to as a “third-party claim.”
- Car and Truck Crashes – If you were hurt in a collision with a passenger or commercial vehicle, our attorneys are prepared to help you seek the compensation you deserve to pay your medical bills, recover lost wages, and repair or replace your damaged vehicle, as well as compensation for pain and suffering and other losses.
- Wrongful Death – When a person is killed due to a negligent or intentional act, the surviving family members are forced to deal with intense grief and personal upheaval. Spouses, dependents, and others are often left to without the emotional and financial support they counted on. Our firm fights for the future of survivors, not just their present-day needs.
- Defective Products – Consumers count on the products they buy to be safe for consumption or use. If they are hurt or become ill after using the product as intended, they could be eligible to take action against the manufacturer, distributor, retailer, and others along the supply chain.
- Insurance Claims – Dealing with an insurance company can be challenging, which is why our team of attorneys is here to help. We know how policies are written and how to evaluate them and can negotiate with the insurance company when compensation is owed. If you need to file a claim, turn to our experienced team for help.
- Slip-and-Fall Cases – Slips, trips, and falls send thousands of people to emergency rooms each year. When a property owner fails to address known hazards or hazards they should have known about and someone gets hurt, they could be liable for the harm that person suffered. We are ready to help injured victims hold property owners and managers accountable if they failed to exercise proper care.
- Medical Malpractice – Our medical malpractice attorneys have extensive experience handling malpractice claims against major hospitals, clinics, and private practices. If a doctor or another medical professional’s actions or failure to act caused you unnecessary harm, you could be eligible to take legal action.
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect – Edelman & Thompson fights for victims of nursing home abuse and neglect. We firmly believe that those who are placed in the care of nursing homes or other facilities should be treated with dignity and respect. If your loved one has been abused, neglected, or taken advantage of, we will be there to take strong action on your family’s behalf.
Put Edelman & Thompson in Your Corner
When you hire us to help with your personal injury sheath, you ’ ll get the world power of one of Kansas City ’ s largest and most respected injury firms behind you. We are here to give victims and their families the quality theatrical performance that they deserve in their time of need.
If we successfully obtain a colony or verdict for you, our fee is a share of that convalescence. On work injury cases, our fee is 25 percentage. On most other cases, the fee is 33 1/3 percentage of your liquidation – a lot less than the 40 or 50 percentage charged by some other jurisprudence firms. We are reimbursed for our out-of-pocket expenses merely if we win your case. With five locations in the Kansas City metropolitan sphere, we handle claims in both Kansas and Missouri on a regular footing. An feel member of our team is never far aside from you. Turn to us for help if you ’ ve been hurt by person else ’ s heedless or careless actions. We ’ ll fight for you, and we won ’ metric ton rest until you get the compensation you deserve. schedule a detached reference with us by calling us, by chatting on-line, or by filling out a contact form today.